Malt Maniacs Awards Newsletter #2
- Amsterdam, July 7, 2006
It's that time of the year again - the preparations for the Malt Maniacs Awards 2006 have officially started. Now in its fourth year, the MM Awards have earned a reputation as the leading international 'amateur' whisky competition and the results are eagerly awaited by thousands of visitors.
We're not quite sure how that actually happened, but we're very glad it did ;-)
We hope you'll join in the competition again this year. It's mostly business as usual (*), which means that the following rules & regulations apply to the Malt Maniacs Awards 2006;
1) There are no entry fees or other costs involved in joining the competition.
2) Each sponsor can submit up to a maximum of 10 different bottles (minimum 70cl) for review.
3) Sponsors should confirm entry in the competition & number of bottles before August 15, 2006.
4) Names of sponsors will be published on Malt Maniacs as soon as we've received confirmation.
5) Only bottles received before September 15, 2006 are eligible for this year's competition.
6) All submitted whiskies will be tasted 100% blind so any outside influences are minimized
7) The scores (translated into medals) are the average of the scores of 12 independent judges
8) All medal winners are eligible for an award in a number of special categories.
9) The results of the MM Awards 2006 will be published on December 1, 2006.
10) High-resolution, copyright free graphics and certificates will be emailed to the winners.
That covers most of the basics, doesn't it? You (or at least your company) have participated in the past so we imagine you know the drill. However,, if you'd like to learn more about the details of the competition, check out the special page for press & (potential) sponsors we've put up. There you can find all the background information about the Malt Maniacs Awards.
The shipping address for the bottles entered into the competition is:
Malt Maniacs Awards / Olivier Humbrecht
Domaine Zind Humbrecht
4 Route de Colmar
68230 Turckheim, France
Tel: +33 389 27 02 05
Fax: +33 389 27 22 58
And that's all for now.
Just send us a quick message at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to participate this year or have any questions. Obviously we hope that the turnout will be just as massive as last year!
Johannes van den Heuvel - Editor Malt Madness / Malt Maniacs (email@example.com)
Serge Valentin - Certified Malt Maniac - Editor WhiskyFun (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(*) P.S.: The results of the questionnaire we sent to our sponsors earlier this year showed a distinct preference for a new set-up for the MM Awards in the future. This would involve several 'rounds' throughout the year with 'season winners' and a 'big finale' in December. We may adopt that approach next year (as well as a division in several categories), but didn't have time to change our approach this time.
- Jul 08 Sat 2006 08:15